Picking the right food for your new puppy is vital to their wellbeing. Read our Arden Grange puppy food review to find out if it ticks all the boxes.
Arden Grange was founded back in 1996 in Sussex when an experienced dog breeding couple decided to take their knowledge and turn it into a food range that suits all dog diets.
Arden Grange was born and continues to be a family-run company that puts nutrition as the most important factor in creating the best dog food on the market.
Arden Grange Puppy Food Range
The Arden Grange puppy food range includes regular food, food for larger breeds, and an option for those dogs that have sensitive stomachs or food intolerances.
This wide range is what makes it popular to a large customer base, and the products on offer include:
- Arden Grange Weaning/Puppy: covers the time from weaning up until they nearly at a junior age. This comes in a chicken and rice flavor.
- Arden Grange Puppy/Junior: helps the transition between puppy to junior lifestyle and comes in a chicken flavor.
- Arden Grange Puppy/Junior large breed: for those pets that have denser muscle mass and who will grow into large dogs. This comes in a chicken and rice flavor.
- Arden Grange Sensitive puppy/junior: which is grain-free and helps any puppy with an intolerance to digest their food with ease. This product comes in a white fish and potato flavor.
The commitment to providing such a wide range of foods means that you will be able to use Arden Grange no matter what dietary requirements your dog has.
This is great if you find their intolerances come later in life or if they grow out of them as you can just switch to a new flavor of the same brand rather than having to source a whole new supplier.
Recommended: Get up close with AVA puppy food in our next review.
Health Benefits of Arden Grange Puppy Food
When it comes to the health benefits of their food, Arden Grange works hard to provide a well-balanced, complete food that will meet all your puppy’s needs.
Each bag of food offers balanced nutrition so that your pup meets its milestones with ease.
They are also aware that puppies need a totally different approach to feeding than adult dogs and so have developed their range to help meet all their growth demands.
Their food is naturally hypoallergenic and fortified with the right vitamins and minerals so that your pooch will never suffer any nutritional deficiencies.
They also include a range of prebiotics so that your puppy grows into a happy adult dog. If you like to spoil your pet every now and again, you can even buy delicious Arden Grange treats that will not damage their health.
Recommended: We decide if Bakers puppy food is up to the task in our latest guide.
Beneficial Ingredients In Arden Grange Food
Arden Grange understands that your pet’s behavior can be affected by its diet and so they claim that the ingredients they use and the amount they include helps your dog to grow healthily and happily.
The main ingredients in their puppy foods include:
- A high percentage of meat and animal derivatives.
- Rice (or potato in their sensitive version).
- Oils and fats to help promote a healthy coat and skin.
- Beet pulp to add fiber that aids a healthy digestive system.
- Yeast that provides Vitamin B.
- A wide range of minerals and vitamins to help them grow into healthy juniors.
- Prebiotics to support gut health and promote a healthy immune system.
- Yucca extract that reduces the smell of their poop.
- Cranberries that are high in vitamin C and support a healthy urinary system.
Is Arden Grange Good Value?
When you first look at the price of Arden Grange, you would be forgiven for thinking that it is an awfully expensive option.
However, as this is dry food, you will not need to provide your dog with excessive amounts at each meal.
There is a handy feeding guide on each packet, and you can even mix the food with warm water if your puppy likes a softer option for their meal.
When you purchase Arden Grange, you are getting a high quality, complete dry food so that you do not need to pay for any additional foods on top of the dry food you purchase.
This makes it a very affordable option as well as being great value to owners who want to give their puppies the best start in life.
Recommended: Is Burns puppy food good enough for your young pup?
Are There Any Downsides To Buying Arden Grange?
While this is a really great product, the main downside is the lack of flavor options. Yes, you can get food for all dietary needs, but within each area, there is only one flavor option.
If your puppy has no dietary needs and is not a fan of chicken, then this is not really the brand for you at this time.
However, when they reach adulthood, you can start to introduce them to the range of flavors that are available at that stage.
When it comes to finding a quality puppy food, then you will not go far wrong when choosing Arden Grange!
It offers the quality, nutritional requirements, and flavor that most puppies will enjoy without fuss.
Plus, if your pup has any sensitivities or intolerances, then there are quality options for you to purchase that will suit their specific requirements.
While they may not offer a long list of flavor options, the Arden Grange range is great value for money and comes in a range of sizes so that you can bulk buy to save even more money.
They also offer a range of healthy treats that are competitively priced so that you do not need to shop around and compromise on quality.
In short, Arden Grange puppy food is great value, great tasting, and great for your newest addition to the family!